Sunday, February 3, 2013

Art Themed Birthday Invitations

For both our daughter and son's birthday parties we decided to do an art theme. I made mini easels with paint brushes as their birthday invitations and received many compliments on them. What surprised me is that people though I put a great deal of time, effort, and money into making them when in reality it took maybe 30 minutes in total.

I thought I'd share how easy they really were with the few steps it took to put them together.


1. What you need:  paintbrushes, popsicle sticks, paint, a glue gun and paper printed with the party details.



2. Start by using the glue gun to glue the 3 popsicle sticks together at the top and then one laid across the others  to make an A shape.



3. Have your child add some colour to the invitation by painting around the edges. Then use the glue gun to glue it to your easel frame and glue the paintbrush on as well.


Literally you'll be done all this in about 30 minutes and the cost is minimal. I paid a little extra to get colourful popsicle sticks ($8 for a multicoloured package at Michaels) but you could easily buy cheaper ones and paint them yourself. A package of paintbrushes also only cost me about $3 at Michaels and we already had the glue gun, paint, and computer paper so in total these babies cost me maybe $11 to make!



1 comment:

  1. Your easel idea is painfully adorable and affordable. I love this idea! Since my children were diagnosed with food allergies, I've been discovering my more creative side, but I yield to you..this is just pure genius!

    Thanks for the tutorial and ideas!

    ReplyDelete