Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mommy's Kisses Are Forever

The other day when I kissed my 4yr old he wiped his cheek and said 'Ha, I wiped it off!'  It didn't even take me a moment to respond with 'Nope, you can never wipe off Mommy kisses because Mommy kisses are forever.'


The idea is from a book called The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn. It was recommended to us when the kids started preschool as a way to ease any potential separation anxiety. It's about a little raccoon that is going off to school for the first time but is nervous. The mother raccoon kisses his hand so that if he gets lonely he can put his hand to his face and the kiss will still be there to remind him that he's safe and his mom loves him. Such a sweet little story that I really took to heart. It even comes with little heart stickers so the child can wear it to school as a reminder.

Who doesn't love the idea of their mom looking out for them always and forever? Those soft little kisses or slobbery raspberry kisses are all filled with love, laughter, comfort, security, and understanding. Best of all, they last a lifetime! So sorry my little Ham, no matter how hard you wipe those kisses are not coming off.

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love The Kissing Hand and I love that Mommy kisses are forever. One day Ham will grow to love and appreciate those kisses too.

    ReplyDelete