Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My Quirky Self

Today when I was out with my daughter we stopped for lunch and I was super excited about having a bowl of my favourite wonton soup. Right off the bat I noticed that my wontons had a different look to them. About 1/4 of the way through I realized what the new ingredient was...mushrooms. I stopped in my tracks, I couldn't go forward. Anyone that knows me know that I have a SEVERE aversion mushrooms. Today I would even go as far as saying I have a bit of a phobia of them. It got me thinking about all my quirks and thought I'd try to name a few, just for your sheer amusement of my oddities.

1. As Mentioned, Mushrooms: the smell, the taste, the feel and worst of all...the look of them.They absolutely freak me out. Especially when they're whole as the fins just look so creepy. I'm going to have nightmares just thinking about them.

2. Buttered Popcorn: there's something unappealing to me about reaching into the bag of popcorn and drawing out cold, soggy popcorn and coating my hand with grease. Hubs loves it that way so we need to order our own bags.

3. Politeness: I'm obsessed with it and feel affronted if people do not wave when I let them in to my lane of traffic, or hold a door open for them, etc. I feel that it's such a simple thing that people can very easily do and yet it doesn't seem to cross the minds of so many!

4. Text Talk: pet peeve, pet peeve, pet peeve. In no way am I an expert in grammar but I'm pretty sure talking lk u r 13 is 4 13 yr olds.

5. Tappity-tap-tap: When listening to music I must tap my fingernails along to the music. It may not sound like much but it drives Hubs insane, he's been listening to it for over 11 years.

6. Girly TV: it embarrasses me to say I watch Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice. I normally prefer to watch things like Dexter, Walking Dead, Community, or Game of Thrones but part of me still is girly. Damn, I can't believe I admitted that. I'm not even sure why it actually embarrasses me but it really does.

7. Folding: if I'm going to do laundry, I'm going to fold everything in the basket and that includes underwear and house rags.

I think I'll stop there before I give you anything other glimpses into my little oddities, I think I've already given you all enough ammunition!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, too bad about the wontons. What did you do?

    Some pretty funny quirks! I love butter on my popcorn but it needs to be just right... I too can not stand the cold, soggy stuff!

    I am also a folder BUT I refuse to fold my underwear (I don't know why... it just seems like a waste of time). I also don't fold my bath towels, I roll them.

    Your "quirks" make you that much more lovable!

    ReplyDelete