Thursday, June 16, 2011

Moms, You Deserve More Credit

Moms, you deserve more credit. There is simply no one else who can do the jobs moms do. Perfect example: on Monday my 3 yr old son slammed his thumb in between 2 doors and took his entire thumbnail off and guess what...I didn't flinch. There wasn't a moment of hesitation, not a second of being squeamish about the site of it because you know why? I can't. I'm the mom and it's my job.

Just telling the story to my husband he started to do the heebie jeebie dance and wouldn't even let me finish the story. Sort of makes you wonder what would have happened if he had been the one home to witness it instead of me? He probably would have just given the kid a sucker and put him to bed with a towel wrapped around his thumb. *sigh*

It was just one of those moments that reminds me why I'm the mom; I can handle it. I'm the one in the relationship that has been given the responsibility to do all the messy jobs: grow them, birth them, clean up their poop/puke, and clean and kiss their scrapes (or missing thumbnails), to name JUST a few.

So Moms of the world, I'm giving you a round of applause because Lord knows you all deserve it and don't get one nearly often enough.

4 comments:

  1. Ummmm, I'm a mom and a ripped off thumbnail would have made me faint! You're extraordinary because there's no way in my right mind I would have been able to deal with that!

    But I'll take the round of applause anyway because hell, how often do we get that?

    Hope your little guy's thumb heals quickly and doesn't give him too much grief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you as a mom too! I sometimes can't believe the things I have done since becoming a mom! I love your site, it's great!!! I just became a follower. Thanks for checking mine out too, I'd love for you to become a follower!
    Kim
    http://www.mytwintasticlife.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can so relate to this. Last year, when one of my daughters had a cut that went down to the bone and needed layers of stitches, I asked my husband to meet us at the hospital and when he thought I was making too big a deal of it, I felt pretty vindicated when he almost passed out when he saw it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer, I totally can't picture you doing anything but taking care of the situation with calm and efficiency!

    Kim, I do follow you and enjoy your blog :)

    Sharla, when did men become such wimps?!?!

    ReplyDelete