Monday, January 31, 2011

January Reads

I always seem to lose track of what books I've read when so I thought each month I'd give a brief description of each book I read that month. Here's the month of January's!

1. The Distant Hours by Kate Morton - I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. It was an easy read and wasn't as predictable as I thought it would be.

2. The Wayward Bus by John Steinbeck - I actually forgot how much I enjoyed reading Steinbeck. I'm pleased a friend lent me a book that had this and East of Eden in it so I could enjoy 2 more stories by him.

3. The Shack by W.M. Paul Young - I enjoyed this outlook on religion, it was well written and had a positive message. Lots to take away from this book.

4. Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson - Hubs REALLY wanted me to read this tiny book. It tells you stuff you should already know but it's good to have someone force you to remember it.

5. The Diviners by Margaret Lawrence - This was one of the books in my 501 Must Reads list, I was surprised as I didn't find it to be anything special. Some good ideas but I felt it never really went anywhere worth tagging along.

6. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein - Not at all what I expected from a 'dog point of view' book so I was pleasantly surprised. Good, easy read.

Have you read anything interesting this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment