Tuesday, September 7, 2010

It's Show Time!

Wow, it's finally here. Tomorrow my little Turkey will be attending her first preschool class and I'm so excited for her...and for me! For the first time in 2 1/2 years I will have one-on-one time with my little Ham. Turkey already gets this time when he is napping and she had it before he was born. This is finally a chance to spend some quality time with my little man :) Plus, I'll admit that it is just so much easier to do things with 1 kid instead of 2 kids in tow!

Not sure how I'll react tomorrow,  I might surprise myself and shed a tear or two - not at the fact that I'm leaving her to attend class on her own but just that she's growing up and it makes me proud. On the other hand I also know I might skip to my car as until next May I have 2 1/2 extra hours, 3 times a week with only 1 child. That's how I spell 'managable'! I won't dread grocery shopping, running errands, shopping, or going to a playground. I might even brave Galaxyland, only 1 kid to watch and hold hands with - this might actually work!!

Anyway, as I put little Mable Labels on all of Turkey's stuff it makes me think of how much she has grown up. Just the other day she was able to write her name by herself and used the phrases 'give her a hand' and 'that's cool'. Wow. This is the little girl that started life out one month early and at a whopping 4lbs 6oz. Time really does fly, it doesn't seem like that when you're in the moment but it sure does when you're looking back.

I'll be sure to post her '1st day of school' picture here tomorrow :)

UPDATE: She LOVED preschool! She asked me when she can go back and I said Friday, explained that was the day after next and she said 'But my friends will MISS me tomorrow!' She's much happier now that I've explained they won't be there either ;)

1 comment: