Friday, July 23, 2010

Moments of Joy


Though you hear me talk a lot about how hard it is with two toddlers 14 months apart there are those moments that make your heart soar, tickle your funny bone, or make your eyes water with joy. My little people cause me a few extra gray hairs a day but they also provide me with those moments of joy where I just can't believe this little wonder is part of me.

There are too many moments throughout their 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 years to list them all so I thought I'd share some of the things they do right now that put a smile on my face:


- They ask to visit Auntie Katie and Uncle Chris, & Grandma and Grandpa EVERY SINGLE DAY


- Jocelyn makes up songs about people and things, her latest song was 'Todd is over here, and Shilo is over there


- Cole's mischievous little grin - though you know whatever it is he has planned is probably going to infuriate you, the little grin is the cutest thing


- When they're shy around someone they hold each other around the waist and slowly walk up to the person while trying not to topple over (that moment makes up for so many of the times I have to break up their fights)


- Cole's cheeks. I now know why old ladies pinch the cheeks of kids so much; sometimes they are just so darn adorable!


- Jocelyn's bedtime stores she 'reads' you, they are full of imagination and it reminds you of all the things you made up as a kid


- How EVERY time we pass a new construction site Jocelyn asks if they're building a castle


- It may sound weird but when Mr. Cole was really sick all he wanted to do was sleep in my arms. I wish away the sickness but not that moment of closeness when only mommy could make it better


- How much Mr. Cole loves robots. Robot shirts, talking like a robot, robot toys - it's sort of adorable.



- When my Turkey says 'I luv you mom, you're my BEST friend'. or 'Mom, you're a genius!'


- When Jocelyn says 'Holy Macaroli'


- When Cole says 'ank you mom' or 'I vuv you'


- The look of ecstasy on their faces when they realize we're going to let them get dirty or wet; it's like in their minds they're thinking 'Greatest. Day. EVER'


Anyway, though I have my days where I scour the want-ads looking for an escape from being a stay-at-home mom; these are just a few of the reasons I choose to remain a stay-at-home-mom. I mean come on, people at work don't talk to you about castles and robots, and they never say 'I vuv you'; and if they do I'm pretty sure a harassment lawsuit is involved.





4 comments:

  1. Robot Building Toy - Unique robot building sets that will light up your play time. We also have other complete kits that are available on our site. The dune buggy, tractor and mini monster bug are just some of these. Any one of these can be used as a robot building set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my greatest joys as a mother is the reflections I have on how much I enjoy my little girl. Your posting resounds with the wonderful joy that motherhood brings.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such touching and authentic reflections, you are one very blessed practical woman, Jody. Thanks for sharing these moments, they made me smile inwards and out.

    ReplyDelete